Friday, June 20, 2003

COOKING WITH MARTHA, a diversion from Sex and Lies... Thursday, June 05, 2003

Women lost a couple of big rounds today as all those stupid white men continue to try to drag us back to 1950, or in my case with abortion trials and tribulations, 1969. I never thought it was possible that we could loose so much ground in so short a time - mind boggling. But I'll bet you dollars to donuts if some little hotty that Rumsfeld or Tom DeLay is stumpfing on the side gets pregnant or if some very wealthy stupid white guys wife runs into trouble in the last trimester of her pregnancy, they will have no trouble getting an abortion.

Poor Martha Stewart. She did not look good coming out of court yesterday. People I know who have met her do not have nice things to say about her personality - but hey, she made it to the top and she didn't get there by sewing doilies. What makes me insane is the utter hypocrisy of everyone involved in her case. What she did with her IMClone stock may not have been kosher but she did not screw thousands of stock holders and company employees out of their life savings either. It's a matter of degree. While the big boys at Enron, Arthur Anderson, WorldCom etc. have long faded into the woodwork, the media will still be roasting Martha on a spit.

I was never a Martha fan but I do love to cook. I retreat to my kitchen for solace after a day in the trenches of fundraising for documentary film. Cooking for me is like yoga or Zen. I should give Martha a buzz and suggest she try retreating to her kitchen in these trying times.

To read the complete "Free Martha" story, go to:

http://boston.com/dailyglobe2/156/business/Free_Martha+.shtml

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?